X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OFFICIAL] Request for content

Hey guys!

We're looking to help out new folks just starting to mod and older folks coming back to the community and we'd love if you could help us create some tutorials for the wiki. This would be especially helpful from the modding teams.

There is a great outline HERE on how to add pages. Please reach out to me if you get stuck and I'm happy to help by either sending me a PM or a DM in IRC.

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Catego...eal_Tournament

Tutorial Creation Guide

If you are submitting a tutorial to the Wiki, we would like to encourage you to follow these guidelines for making a better user experience.

For a quick guideline on how to put together a tutorial there are some good tips below, but for a more in-depth look at writing tutorials please visit: Creating a Tutorial
    • Titles for tutorials should be descriptive of the featured being explained or the end result, ex. "First Person Shooter Tutorial" or "Creating A First Person Shooter".
    • Include the category tags [[Category:Unreal Tournament]] and [[Category:UT Content Creation]] in the page, so that it will be included in the Tutorials Category
    • Include the version of the engine you are using at the time of making the tutorial, i.e. 4.0.1.
    • Test your tutorial for accuracy.
    • It's a good idea to state the skill level of your tutorial (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)

Thank you and let us know if you need any help!
    Stacey Conley
    -----------------------------
    Unreal Tournament Community Manager
    Epic Games, Inc.
    Twitter | Twitch | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Pinterest

i would love to do this! total noob to this, but i do video tutorials on youtube with 4.5 million views.

I was planning to do this anyways, basic tuts for noobs on how to build a basic map, techniques etc, but i am on mac and cant get the content for the new editor (already posted about this)

Comment

I feel "request for tutorials" would make a more suitable title, but then again, its in the Tutorials section so maybe i am wrong. Anyway, I came here ready to smash out 20GB of Unreal textures and models (based on the title), then i read the post no place for content here or the wiki ... its tutorials!

p.s. @ nasty i am going to be cheeky and ask, "can i have some of your views please"Lol! ? i need to pay to host content for the community somehow, which sux, your views may help
      - and get to it. 4.5million is pretty epic
      Last edited by TKBS; 05-24-2015, 02:50 PM.
      Download_AllMyStuff | videos_ofmystuff

Comment

heh i dont do game tutorial, i do music s/w tutorials

Comment

either way 4.5 million is awesome, if you bring that to the table i think the community and Epic should kiss your feet
          Download_AllMyStuff | videos_ofmystuff

Comment

lol cheers ... well EPIC can hopefully help me get the flipping editor fixed first! (see my other post elsewhere about missing content. The new 4.7.6 editor on my mac has no health, weapons, jump pads etc type items; all that content is totally missing... all i can do is build the rooms unless i go back to the older v4.7.0 editor which is proper flakey )

Comment

The UE editor and the UT editor are different.

You cannot (and will never) be able to use the UE editor for UT due to some small changes behind the scenes.

Functionally, they are identical, Under the hood, there have been changes to account for things that UT needs.

You have been told this elsewhere as well.

Comment

so they are different? You cannot make UT maps, with weapon, health, shield etc pickups, jump pads etc in UE editor? am i getting that right?

Do you understand my issue (on mac) that the UE editor (4.7.6) has almost ZERO content? just a few absolutely basic objects like basic door frames & basic doors.. nothing architectural, no weapons, no health or shield items, no lifts or jump-pads etc etc no extras at all....

is that right?

Comment

UE Editor has basically nothing to do with UT (but the otherway around). UE Editor (basically called Unreal Engine in general) is used to make several other games etc. UT editor is the specific one for UT.

Yes, you are right with the last statement.
                  ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
                  ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Comment

finally someone makes it clear, cheers mate ... ok... so why is the UT editor only on version 4.7.0 when the engine & UE editor are both on version 4.7.6? & is it worth trying the new 4.7.8?

see i can get going with some tuts already except UT editor 4.7.0 always fails lighting builds on my imac (quad 3.4, 8gb ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB graphics) which makes it look a bit crappy... also the build notifications stack up down the right and cant be dismissed
                    Last edited by nasty; 05-25-2015, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nasty View Post
                      finally someone makes it clear... ok... so why is the UT editor only on version 4.7.0 when the engine is on version 4.7.6?
                      Originally posted by raxxy View Post
                      The UE editor and the UT editor are different.

You cannot (and will never) be able to use the UE editor for UT due to some small changes behind the scenes.
                      I believe that was summed up with the fact that there are changes under the hood.

The engine doesn't NEED to be the same, it will update when it NEEDS to, not when the other engine does.

Comment

Originally posted by raxxy View Post
                        I believe that was summed up with the fact that there are changes under the hood.
                        well to me it wasn't clear, sorry

anyways now we know.

is it worth getting engine 'preview 4.8.0' ? or will the UT editor be unchanged by that update?

Comment

The editor you get from "Create" tab of UT page is a separate entity from the engine versions you download from Unreal Engine page.UT editor only updates when the new build comes out.
                          "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
                          - RenegadeRetard

Comment

If you are submitting a tutorial to the Wiki, we would like to encourage you to follow these guidelines for making a better user experience.

Comment

Working...
                            X