No announcement yet.

UT official Basic guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Zaccubus; 04-10-2015, 01:29 PM.
    Shoutcaster/Commentator
    Progamer for Team-dignitas
    10 years worth of e-sports experience
    Twitch.TV | YouTube | Twitter

Comment

Shoutcaster/Commentator

Comment

Excellent tuts, THX a lot for making them

Originally posted by darkskyabove
        Once again, you manage to cut to the heart(s) of the issue(s). It's getting to the point where your guides should be embedded in the game under the Learn tab.
        +1 about that
        Stevie's corner
        Maps, DM-Dakylian, DM-Elik, DM-Akar, DM-Aryth, DM-Aly, CTF-Infiltrate, DM-Delta
        Links, UE4 links (guide, tut), UE4 resources, Tools and resources

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
          +1 about that
          +9001

Not sure if there's a better place to talk about this or if it justifies a thread in the UI subforum, but some of the basic tips should probably be implemented directly ingame in some way ("shoot shock core for combo"; "hold down rocket launcher alt-fire" etc.), not only in some sub-menu or even externally. I watched two people streaming their UT matches on Twitch last night, they were regular streamers and appeared to have a routine of introducing different games to their audience, not sure.

Anyway, it was pretty bad. They were entirely clueless (simply running, not even hopping; not aware of the shock combo; playing with unbelievably high sensitivity etc.) and repeatedly destroyed by a single more experienced player who picked every amp and belt and went on rampage after rampage. Obviously they could have had much more fun if they were told to get that armor or shieldbelt (direction-overlay on the ground or something? UT3 Warfare did that.) or try a combo. "How did he do that?" - "I dunno man, probably cheating." I bet they won't go back to the game anytime soon. These guides or at least the most essential information would have helped a lot.

Okay, it's kind of off-topic, but I've been thinking about this.

Comment

Shoutcaster/Commentator

Comment

These videos are fantastic. I think they are put together well. Coverage feels very authoritative and complete. The presentational extras, like the highlighting and animations/markers to draw viewer attention, are awesome. I don't see much of that and I really enjoy it when I do. The commentary has a friendly conversation feel to it which is just right for teaching. I'm a long time UT player but found there are quite a few things new to this iteration of UT that I was not familiar with. Thank you very much for putting these together. I've subscribed to your Youtube channel and will tell others in my travels. I tip my hat to you, good sir
              Mulsiphix's Guide To PUGing In UT4
              What is the difference between a Public server and a PUG? PUG stands for Pick Up Game. A more organized way of playing, teams are selected by Captains and voice communication is used to achieve better team coordination. These clan-style matches involve the same regulars, week after week. The community aspect, of PUGing with friends, really adds to the fun factor of a match. Want to know more or get your friends involved in PUGing? Check out my guide.

Comment

Thanks Mulsiphix ! glad you found them so useful , and thanks for the feedback!
                Shoutcaster/Commentator

Comment

Working...
                X