If your Epic Games Launcher displays incorrectly or appears blank, try clearing your launcher’s web cache or change your high DPI settings to fix it.
Clear your launcher’s web cache
Try clearing the launcher's webcache using the steps here.
Use your onboard graphics card
If you're using a Windows laptop, you may be able to resolve this by forcing the launcher to use your onboard graphics card.
- Right-click on your desktop, and click on Display settings.
- In the right panel, scroll down to look for and click on Graphics settings.
- Under Choose and app to set preference, select Classic app and click on Browse.
- Browse to the Epic Games Launcher executable file (Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Engine\Binaries\Win64)
- Once selected, click on the app and then click Options.
- Under Set graphics preference, select an option to use your onboard graphics card which should be Power saving.
- Click on Save.
- Close your Graphics Settings window and restart the Epic Games Launcher to see if it displays correctly.
Use Windows Compatibility Troubleshooter
- Right-click on the Epic Games Launcher shortcut and click Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- If the check box underneath Compatibility mode is checked, uncheck it.
- Click on Run compatibility troubleshooter.
- Click on Try recommended settings.
- Click Test the program...
- Once the test is done, click on Next.
- Click on No, try again using different settings.
- Only check the box next to The program opens but doesn't display correctly.
- Click on Next.
- Check the box Error message saying the program needs to run in 256 colors or 8-bit color mode.
- Click on Next.
- Click on Test the program...
- Click on Yes, save these settings for the program.
- Click on Close.
- Restart your computer.
- Try to launch the Epic Games Launcher.
Change high DPI settings
- Right-click your Epic Games Launcher shortcut, and then click Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Click Change high DPI settings.
- Check the box for Override high DPI scaling behavior and leave Application in the drop-down menu.
Epic Games Launcher is displaying using the mobile interface on PC
If the launcher looks like below you may need to adjust your display scale and layout.
- Right-click the desktop.
- Click on Display Settings.
- Adjust scale and layout to 100%.
- Restart the Epic Games Launcher.
Updating the BIOS on the computer may resolve this issue. You will need to download the latest BIOS files from your computer manufacturer or the motherboard manufacturer's website.