Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[TUTORIAL] AGEIA, NVIDIA & TKBS PhysX

AGEIA, NVIDIA and TKBS PhysX

Click image for larger version  Name:	DM-LHousePhysX.jpg Views:	1 Size:	554.5 KB ID:	396924
    This post is dedicated to Ageia, NVidia and TKBS PhysX (probably add Remus too)
    PhysX Installation: (Should run like other maps [100+fps in areas etc] Make Sure you have it setup correctly)
    • Most important is the "SoftBody" Map, it will only work with the correct version installed. Watch the ball squeeze through the tube. If an incorrect version of PhysX is used the ball would not fit down the tube, or fail to load at all. It may not be possible to get the perfect files for this to happen so if that ball dont fit down the tube. don;t worry, everything else should be fine.
    • Heatray should reach something like 100+ fps. I have seen 200 even with 64 bots, and i have a **** laptop from a decade 6-7+years
    PhysX Installation Instructions:-

Spoiler

Contents:

Spoiler

IF the file links are dead, here are the full instructions/ explanations:

Spoiler
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TKBS; 03-29-2021, 12:40 AM.
    Download_AllMyStuff | videos_ofmystuff

Bug with Lighthouse:

Broken Collision with Wood planks.
    - PhysX_TKBS\Pub\CustomMaps\PhysXMaps\Dm-LightHouse_PhysX.ut3

edit: to elaborate, i don't fall down, i float in place where the wood used to be, it only happens in this version.

(if video doesn't load, click on Youtube button)

I'm half right about it being broken, because your CTF fix works right, just like the original.
    - PhysX_TKBS\Pub\CustomMaps\PhysXMaps|CTF-LightHouse_PhysX_Fix.ut3

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
    The PhysX map is not "Cooked". So that is also wrong, but yes the collision has not been changed, it is still the funky NVidia and UT3 Static mesh, and UT3 mesh has always been imperfect.. I never said it did it fix Static Mesh, nor did i say i did any 3DModel work on the map.

Pardon my ignorance there, it just happens that after saving the map (see the rename with PhysX2) the filesize is a lot bigger, which is a side effect from saving cooked maps... Although i just saved right now and it didn't say anything that it is cooked, so i agree with you there.

Click image for larger version  Name:	confusion.png Views:	0 Size:	7.6 KB ID:	412441
    Last edited by HEAV3007; 03-08-2021, 04:01 PM.
    UT3 cuss words - UT2007 media ; M3K4 Nep/Tune @ |-|EAV

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS
      Yep that bug was there in the original too.
      Fix it if you like
      I won't really, I don't know what you have fixed (in the map specifically) so I will not use your fix.- There's no wooden plank bug in the original.
      Also you changed up the map's post process for CTF-Lighthouse_PhysX_Fix apparently, so windows look blurry because of that.

I do use the rest of your stuff however, so it's not all bad news.

Comment

@VegaSharpew
        • Try this (Maps Only): https://www.dropbox.com/s/oki1yq41ix...PhysX.rar?dl=0
        • Notice the CTF has "_Fix"
        • Now the DM has "_Fix" too.
        • Any issues let me know, but post processign is a problem your end, not mine. i have no blur, i dont use DOF, or blur.
        • p.s. an uncooked map always has no LOC file.
        Take the 2 files you already have and put them in a folder called "Old", remove them from UT3 folder to avoid conflict...
        The CTF should be identical to what you have. The DM should now have "_Fix" on the end, like the CTF version.

//For some reason you have the fix for ctf but not dm

It was a Blocking Volume issue, for some reason, the map you have has flipped all blocking volumes off there pivot point. so i just deleted them all, too much work to redo kismet..Ummm..hope you don't fall anywhere you shouldn't
        Last edited by TKBS; 03-08-2021, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
          It was a Blocking Volume issue, for some reason, the map you have has flipped all blocking volumes off there pivot point. so i just deleted them all, too much work to redo kismet..Ummm..hope you don't fall anywhere you shouldn't
          Yep, the upper platform with the Udamages has no collision, i realized
          I do recall seeing a lot of blocking volumes in a single place.. something must have really broken
          the DM map would have to be redone, but i don't think it's a big deal. CTF is working good after all

edit: not considering how you messed up the post process that you don't care about. but again overall i don't see what's fixed from the original anyway, sorry.

edit2: dont take it wrong... i appreciate Meteorite and the "fixed" AGEIA demo maps.
          i will point out that the switch from AMD to Nvidia has gifted me a huge gain in performance already (with current physX driver)...
          but in the end they are test maps who few want to check.
          The thing is those features should've been used in maps more, never seen any of that breaking cloth outside of it!!! because you know what? that is pretty cool

edit 3: I like your custom minecraft characters in the unpublished files

Spoiler
          Last edited by HEAV3007; 03-12-2021, 03:35 PM.

Comment

[deprecated chat]

Spoiler

Last edited by TKBS; 03-29-2021, 12:23 AM.

Comment

PortalGun
              • Video: VideoLink (Spoke to someone (mathius) who knew keithmiron and said i could swap the mesh, i already have the portalgun in a upk. I fixed a texture bug too so real time now works.)

Portal Gun Images:

Spoiler

Last edited by TKBS; 03-29-2021, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Updated files in line NVIDIA 461.92 Download

Comment

Working...
                X