User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 61 of 61

Thread: Rocket Launcher WIP

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    848
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AurumDragon View Post
    Hopefully this is the right thread to write my idea down.

    Well, i have a idea to the both fire modes. I don't think there are many people who hold the fire button on the rocket launcher so my idea is not bad in this case.

    How about we just make it if you want to fire a rocket then you just hit one time the primary fire and if you want to load many rockets you hold primary fire and let the launcher load it, then it will fire if full loaded or if you just release the button. The same goes for secondary fire. You just hit once the secondary fire and it will fire a rocket and if you hold the button it load until all is done or until you release the button. It is much more comfortable this way in my opinion. I don't know why we should hold one button and click the other button at the same time to change modes. So we can spare some time if just one button do all the work.
    will not work for primary it was in ut99 that way and it was slow

  2. #42
    Unreal Tournament Contributor

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,182
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by R.Riddick View Post
    will not work for primary it was in ut99 that way and it was slow
    People should be able to select the control scheme they like. Such a thing is certainly possible. Whether Epic intends to build a robust system for handling binding / rebinding of weapon functions is kind of beyond the scope of this weapon / thread.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Atlantic City
    Posts
    641
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably gonna try to use the trident when making a rocket arena map. Is it possible to load this mutator up in the editor?

  4. #44
    Unreal Tournament Contributor

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,182
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Numb.51 View Post
    Probably gonna try to use the trident when making a rocket arena map. Is it possible to load this mutator up in the editor?
    There's a drop down on the 'play' button in editor that can pop up a menu where you can add parameters (sorry I don't remember exactly what it's called). What you'll want to do is add this to that field.

    Code:
    ?mutator=/Game/TridentRocketLauncher/Mut_TridentRocketReplacer_v10.Mut_TridentRocketReplacer_v10_C
    Exact path might vary depending on where PAK is placed, but that's the one I use.

  5. #45
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to say, nice copy of the UT99 launcher There is just one thing which is kind of a deal-breaker.
    The loading and shooting sounds you copied from UT99 always have the same volume. In this way it sounds as if your opponent stands next to you while he is on the other side of the map...
    If you could fix that, then it will be brilliant

  6. #46
    Unreal Tournament Contributor

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,182
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TFMvdBroek View Post
    Have to say, nice copy of the UT99 launcher There is just one thing which is kind of a deal-breaker.
    The loading and shooting sounds you copied from UT99 always have the same volume. In this way it sounds as if your opponent stands next to you while he is on the other side of the map...
    If you could fix that, then it will be brilliant
    Thanks. I haven't adjusted the Eightball Rocket Launcher in a few months. Eventually when I have time I will update this weapon and fix audio (and any other) issues.

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,415
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if it's intentional but I was able to load and fire 4 rockets with the Trident RL sometimes. It seems if you load up 3 rockets and just as they are about to shoot press LMB it increases the chances of this happening.

  8. #48
    Unreal Tournament Contributor

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,182
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barktooth View Post
    I'm not sure if it's intentional but I was able to load and fire 4 rockets with the Trident RL sometimes. It seems if you load up 3 rockets and just as they are about to shoot press LMB it increases the chances of this happening.
    I can't replicate this in my own testing, but I added this to my internal bug watchlist. Could be a fake projectile, or perhaps a condition I am not catching.

  9. #49
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have played several duels/Last team standing with the trident:

    Positives:
    - rockets are small, small splash, more accuracy is required than Epic rockets

    Needs tweaking:
    - Rockets are too fast.

    - Alt-fire is OP; the loading time for rockets needs to be longer to create a trade off between sustained primary fire shots vs taking a chance and loading up rockets for a big burst.
    As it stands now, there is no charge time penalty for loading up 3 rockets and racking up the one-shot kills.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    129
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpjuice View Post
    I have played several duels/Last team standing with the trident:

    Positives:
    - rockets are small, small splash, more accuracy is required than Epic rockets

    Needs tweaking:
    - Rockets are too fast.

    - Alt-fire is OP; the loading time for rockets needs to be longer to create a trade off between sustained primary fire shots vs taking a chance and loading up rockets for a big burst.
    As it stands now, there is no charge time penalty for loading up 3 rockets and racking up the one-shot kills.
    I think you mean Team Showdown? Otherwise how are you able to play LTS with custom weapons?

    I don't think the rockets are too fast IMO, but there should be a delay to loading them up. These rockets feel dodgeable unlike the stock rockets.
    || MSI X99A Raider || Core i7-5820k @ 3.8GHz || DDR4 4GB x 4 Crucial @ 2400MHz || ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 || 2xSSD + 1xHDD || Corsair RM850 Power Supply ‑ 80 PLUS Gold ‑ 850W || ASUS VG248QE ‑ 24in 144Hz || Mouse: Logitech 502 || Keyboard (Keypad): Logitech G13 || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower || Sound Blaster Z PCIe Gaming Sound Card ||

  11. #51
    Unreal Tournament Contributor

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,182
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpjuice View Post
    I have played several duels/Last team standing with the trident:

    Positives:
    - rockets are small, small splash, more accuracy is required than Epic rockets

    Needs tweaking:
    - Rockets are too fast.

    - Alt-fire is OP; the loading time for rockets needs to be longer to create a trade off between sustained primary fire shots vs taking a chance and loading up rockets for a big burst.
    As it stands now, there is no charge time penalty for loading up 3 rockets and racking up the one-shot kills.

    Initially I had a set up whereby the delay after firing rockets varied based on the loaded rockets. However, in practice this felt weird and unresponsive. I have some better messaging tools set up now so it's possible this idea could be revisited, but I'm not super inclined to do so since I think it's an uphill battle to try and fight a weird feeling with better messaging.

  12. #52
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phantaci View Post
    I think you mean Team Showdown? Otherwise how are you able to play LTS with custom weapons?

    I don't think the rockets are too fast IMO, but there should be a delay to loading them up. These rockets feel dodgeable unlike the stock rockets.
    It had to have been one of those two modes. I played LTS much more than Team Showdown so I just went with that.

    I do think rockets are too fast but only by a little bit. I wouldn't complain if their speed wasn't reduced. I do wonder how they compare to Epic's rockets because I always liked their speed but the damage and splash made them ridiculous.

  13. #53
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wail View Post
    Initially I had a set up whereby the delay after firing rockets varied based on the loaded rockets. However, in practice this felt weird and unresponsive. I have some better messaging tools set up now so it's possible this idea could be revisited, but I'm not super inclined to do so since I think it's an uphill battle to try and fight a weird feeling with better messaging.
    I noticed that there is the Trident loading sound layered on top of the original loading sound and you only hear 2 rockets being loaded to fire 3. For your initial setup, the more rockets you load up and fire the longer you have to wait to fire again? If that is what you meant then I don't think you need to go that route. The way they load now is fine, but the process just needs to be extended. The first rocket loads quickly and you wait, say for a second, for the 2nd rocket to load and then another second for the 3rd rocket to load and it quickly fires after that. You could extend the sound effect to better message the actual length of each rocket. So all in all, 2.5-3 seconds to load and fire all 3 rockets.

    With that said, I have no idea how difficult it would be to implement or if it is the best way to do so.

  14. #54
    Unreal Tournament Contributor

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,182
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpjuice View Post
    I noticed that there is the Trident loading sound layered on top of the original loading sound and you only hear 2 rockets being loaded to fire 3.
    Couple issues here: One is that Epic has keyed certain sounds to certain animations on the mesh, which means extra work for me if I want to completely change that (eventually I might, but I only plan on replacing sounds I have good audio for).
    Second is there's a bug with certain audio being played twice simultaneously for the weapon holder, fixed in the next version.
    Third, if you think about how the Rocket Launcher functions you'll realize why it should only have two loading sounds. At any point in time there's a rocket in barrel 1, because you can instantly shoot a rocket using primary fire. Therefore you should only hear two additional rockets being loaded. There are a lot of other intermediate clicking & whirring sounds with the way this model has been set up to appear & sound on Epic's side though.

  15. #55
    Unreal Tournament Contributor

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,182
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Updating Trident Rocket Launcher to v11.



    Features: More reduction in rocket collision size, marginally increased splash radius of rockets, improved kill icons, working secondary loading animations, HUD indicators (should be configurable), more traditional rocket smoke trails, etc.

    Downloads:
    Trident Rocket Launcher Weapon Replacement Mutator v11
    Trident Rocket Launcher Weapon v11
    Last edited by Wail; 01-22-2016 at 02:22 PM.

  16. #56
    Unreal Tournament Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,144
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wail View Post
    Updating Trident Rocket Launcher to v11.



    Features: More reduction in rocket collision size, marginally increased splash radius of rockets, improved kill icons, working secondary loading animations, HUD indicators (should be configurable), more traditional rocket smoke trails, etc.

    Downloads:
    Trident Rocket Launcher Weapon Replacement Mutator v11
    Trident Rocket Launcher Weapon v11
    You switched around the links :P

    Gonna try this out together with the rebel flak haha.
    Music Concepts for UT4 (Soundcloud) || Thread || Website

    IN-GAME NICKS: Avalanche / <--Archer-<<

  17. #57
    Unreal Tournament Contributor

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,182
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer6621 View Post
    You switched around the links :P

    Gonna try this out together with the rebel flak haha.
    Thanks for the catch! Fixed.
    I actually have to have a checklist just to update this stuff, but even with that easy to make oversights.

  18. #58
    Unreal Tournament Contributor

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    2,182
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Updating Trident Rocket Launcher to v12.

    Features: Fixed two major bugs with secondary loading and tight firing spread, slightly reduced weapon switch times, adjusted audio volume, adjusted rocket explosion FX to correspond more clearly to explosion radius, added mutator configuration menu

    Downloads:
    Trident Rocket Launcher Weapon Replacement Mutator v12
    Trident Rocket Launcher Weapon v12

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    122
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wail said on today's stream that maybe competitive players would prefer a rocket launcher secondary that doesn't load up multiple rockets.

    That would free up the three barrels to instead make direct hits more nuanced. Make primary fire shoot three mini-rockets in a tight formation. If the formation hits a wall or the ground then all of them will impact, explode and act like a normal rocket. If you land a direct hit dead on all 3 hit the target and again act like a normal rocket. However if you're slightly off to the side then one of them flies past the target so you only do 2/3 damage, and if you're further off two fly past and you only do 1/3 damage.

    Then it could be reasonably easy to get direct hits with partial damage but still properly difficult to land a full damage direct hit.

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    282
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the rocket launcher grenade monitor the presence of the enemy near as it is now implemented in bio launcher and explode itself. And it is not needed the bio launcher, and rocket launcher grenades can become more efficient. But the explosion of a grenade did not explode another grenade. Although the all grenades may explode near one enemy if the all grenades defines the enemy (even in the air). But the direct granade causing much more damage. And it balances the use of rockets and grenades (grenades causing more damage, but difficult to manage).

    Added

    About the current rocket launcher shooting. For me it is broken. Think the arcade hold primary button shooting is not good, and dont think that much players use it. Why not.

    1) click primary fire button - one rocket
    2) click primary fire button periodically at intervals - current primary shooting (with shown the ready rocket icon in interface, one click - rocket fly, second click while the second rocket is not ready - prepare second rocket fly, which will automatically etc)
    3) hold primary fire button - 1-3 rockets with the capture of target. If click alt. fire button will switch to the grenades.
    4) click alt. fire button - one grenade
    5) click alt. fire button periodically at intervals - the grenades as rockets in pt. 2
    6) hold alt. fire button - 1-3 grenades (maybe with the capture of target also, but not much fixed path). If click primary fire button will switch to the rockets
    Last edited by Andriushka; 03-06-2016 at 06:41 PM.

  21. #61
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please reduce rocket speed and damage.
    Everyone just spamming with rox. Or remove the other weapons-.- it make no sense to have other weapons if everyone just spamming with rocket launcher.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •