User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hit registration/Netcode in this build

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrutalSector View Post
    To claim that someone has been for the most part absent from the forums which can be an issue for team communication when the person is in a lead position is not an attack, it's a fact.
    I know Ive written the very same thing here havent I? Thats your issue, you just respond and dont read, its too volatile and reactive. What I havent done is insult anyone (at Epic) or made it personal, you clearly upset someone enough to be banned twice and have had multiple posts completely censored.

This thread isnt about you though, neither was my post so Id thank you to take it back ontopic or I will report for derailing.
    Last edited by MonsOlympus; 05-18-2016 at 02:25 AM.
    Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Unreal Tournament Concepter
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quadj130 View Post
    After observing a two-year game development cycle, I'd say it's finally time to put the "we're a small team" development card to rest. Most of the complaints are revolved around core networking and gameplay decisions that have hampered UT over the last year and don't just reflect the Unreal Tournament but also the foundations built around UE4. I hope Overwatch can help guide the Unreal Engine netcode in the future.
    To some extent I think Epic thinks this is how pre-alphas should be done.
    I.e. The party system. Let's concede a competitive game needs one. Granted that no one (in the community) asked for it and no one wanted it. The competitive players just want to talk about nerfing the flak cannon. But it's still needed. Just like everything else that's needed but that no one asked for or wanted, it got implemented anyway, and in a rudimentary form, potentially to be polished later during the real alpha stage.

Maybe implementing a whole bunch of barely functional systems is not too terrible an idea for a PRE-ALPHA. It just doesn't work very well with a community that wants to be involved, because it seems to lock out 99% of the community from being involved, and Epic hasn't spared any time to emphasize this... and even goes as far as throwing in occasional breadcrumbs, like balance changes and scale changes, that mislead the community into treating it like a beta.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Dementiurge, I dont think its a good idea to build barely functional systems without some kind of plan, if there is some kind of plan why wernt we involved in some manner so we can atleast understand Epics perspective? I really dont feel as though this is how professional level development works everywhere, no plan and just implementing systems on the go just sounds destined to failure, there must be plans, I hope there are plans D:

I get it though you build something quickly move onto the next thing and leave bugs but thats not whats happening either, look at the crosshairs, half-arsed plan and they are remaking the system 5 times over just to give us a basic HUD that wont even be very moddable or customizable.

Just to reiterate, Im not suggesting the game development halt to undergo a lengthy planning process just that planning saves rework, rework is where those hidden costs are, where those nasty bugs are hiding, where the time is wasted. Epic seems to be doing alot of rework.
    Last edited by MonsOlympus; 05-18-2016 at 02:40 AM.
    Upon release, Unreal Tournament 2004 was met with widespread critical acclaim. Several critics praised the unique, fast-paced, fun and challenging nature of the game as its main selling points, while fans touted the post-release support and extensive modding capabilities.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsOlympus View Post
    if there is some kind of plan why wernt we involved in some manner so we can atleast understand Epics perspective?
    Well, we did have a Trello... *laughter*

Anyway, the crosshair can probably be explained. But I can't explain why they care about minor bug reports knowing something's probably going to be rebuilt anyway... Maybe they don't and they're just humoring us. :P

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have no doubts it can be explained but thats not really what Id like to see, Id like Epic to set the example they want from the community. I have seen them tell TidalBlast of all people he was all over the place but when you look at their development from the outside it looks like Epic is even worse constantly jumping from UI to HUD to movement to input with no focus on any of them in particular leaving parts of the game consistently broken. Obviously some systems need to work in tandem so there will be times when you need to jump around abit but I dont know why there is so much focus on the crosshair, its draining limited resources from important things, I know the community called for it but as I said Epic needs to take the lead and not let the community boss them around.

How come all the custom crosshair people didnt get the "its prealpha" rant and ignored? I get they like it and its important to them but we could have gone the entire way through development happily without anything more than a simple crosshair. Now we have resources being wasted on bouncey hex widgets that Im going to disable anyway.

Im gonna be alittle harsh, what good is a crosshair if you cant hit whats directly under it anyway *mic drop*

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Epic Games never provided a clear roadmap for this project, we don't even know if they know themselves where they are going with it. We don't know what is left to be added, etc. Maybe it would be best to take a back seat until they reach Alpha stage and relax.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been the raxxy in another popular open source mod for 10 years and its funny how similar the issues are. He seems to have had the best seat in the house and I can't help but believe him when he says devs are adding features vs. fixing bugs. Its boring to fix bugs right? Features are fun to code! The mod I worked for had the same problem, too many feature focused developers. I know all to well that developers generally don't play their games and its obvious in the latest build. This game isn't like Overwatch or any of those other mods mentioned. It is a highly competitive game that has a brutally high skillcap. So you can't help but question 'what they hell were they thinking' when text draws are covering your screen, damaging indicators and watermarks are on the screen and the link gun now looks like a ghostbusters gun with birthday party confetti when you hit the walls.

The thing that makes me nervous is I hear through the grapevine that the priveleged members who used to be able to get some player perspective across to the devs feel largely ignored and are jumping ship at this point.

The most important point I finally found on the very last post: What is the roadmap (timeline) for this game? I've been here 1 1/2 years and it has been "Pre-Alpha" the entire time. Having the title "Pre-Alpha" is like a disclaimer you can throw in anybody's face at any given time.

EDIT: One last thing, the mod I worked on was also FREE and I know what it feels like to take a lot of flak from ungreatful bastards ...especially towards those who are working on this for free. I appreciate Epic trying to revive this game...
    Last edited by Ransom8316075924; 05-18-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane View Post
    It seems that this build has brought a significant decrease in hit registration across the board. In previous builds, on occasion you'd have shots that appear to fly through the enemy hitbox, but deal no damage. In return you'd also actually see shots that hit you, but you don't take any damage. In this build this seems to now be a frequent problem.
    Found your problem, put it in bold. In the world of rewind, appearances are not important. Just where your crosshair feels like it was when you pulled the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Barktooth View Post
    Weird.. for me I usually get no more than 3-4 shots per game that hit and don't register (with hitscan, not counting the direct rockets/flak balls that don't register) , so 30-40% seems excessive. Maybe that server was lagging out?
    Funny, I hardly got 3-4 shots my entire UT career that hit and didn't register.

Quote Originally Posted by Barktooth View Post
    The other half are unregistered shots, and this only started happening often a few builds back (with hitscan).
    Well, to be fair, no one will complain about free stuff. As many false positives happen as false negatives, and it's been every build I've played. Visual shot draws can't be trusted, and if it feels like you're getting non-regs with hitscan, shoot behind your target, because the model is overcompensating. Which might not be so bad if it did so consistently, but still highly unintuitive.

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalSector View Post
    Epic Games never provided a clear roadmap for this project, we don't even know if they know themselves where they are going with it. We don't know what is left to be added, etc. Maybe it would be best to take a back seat until they reach Alpha stage and relax.
    Very this. I'm also not a fan of doing everything by feel. Balance by feel should follow a good mathematical model of a foundation. As was said by the more code savvy folks in this thread, you're just making more work for yourself in the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterial View Post
    An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't read anything other than the OP in this thread, I agree that it seems worse to me this build. There have always been some hitreg problems but I noticed it immediately after just a few games of Elimination, it was especially noticeable with Sniper.

When you've been playing the UT series at a high level for 12+ years, you will notice netcode differences pretty quickly. Take it for what you want but I agree with the OP. I feel the same way.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    best hit registration i've ever seen was with Day of Defeat, in the beta days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raxxy View Post
    maximum post about Overwatch and netcode and stuff.
    I also noticed this man. Blizzard just knows how to optimize their games...its insane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting this no-register hits with rockets and flak, most likely other weapons. Also, i get hit with something that appears far from where my player is and I seem to get insta killed often without being directly hit . Mostly with the last 2 builds; but current build has made this kinda not fun to play.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by N3k0_94 View Post
    I also noticed this man. Blizzard just knows how to optimize their games...its insane
    Which is incredible for a company that hasn't made an FPS before. That I know of.

Then again, maybe WoW and Diablo 3 have better netcode than I realize.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dementiurge View Post
    Which is incredible for a company that hasn't made an FPS before. That I know of.

As much as I would like to hate blizzard you cannot. Overwatch's fun factor is phenomenal even with their crap half-anime art direction. How can Blizzard accomplish this and UT struggling for like what, 2 years now? And dont give me that 'small team' excuse. The game was better in 2015. Everything that is currently ruining UT4 is CLEARLY wrong decisions.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me the biggest problem with MOBA style games are the classes, in UT/arena style fps you have so many different weapons and firemodes to your exposal, in Overwatch kinda game you become so limited with options when having to pick a class, I don't like limited options. In Overwatch the weapons limit your playstyle/strategy, in UT your imagination is your limit. But I guess for the modern gamer limiting options fits better as he/she will have a brainfart when there's more than 3 options to use at a time.
    Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 05-22-2016 at 08:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
    For me the biggest problem with MOBA style games are the classes, in UT/arena style fps you have so many different weapons and firemodes to your exposal, in Overwatch kinda game you become so limited with options when having to pick a class, I don't like limited options. In Overwatch the weapons limit your playstyle/strategy, in UT your imagination is your limit. But I guess for the modern gamer limiting options fits better as he/she will have a brainfart when there's more than 3 options to use at a time.

Overwatch is not a moba, you can change class in your spawn and your imagination is key to how utilize your class. I dont really get you say about the 'limit' but trust me, there is no limit in overwatch. And that is why it is actually fun. I **** you not, I never liked blizzard or the copy-paste games they make but Overwatch is a great game. Trust me on this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you think Overwatch gameplay is great then I can't take your opinions on UT as credible.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair this thread really isn't about game play.

Where as Overwatch wasn't really enough to "grab me" game play wise, I did not spend the entire time playing, telling my monitor which shots should have hit or missed.
    An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Unreal Tournament Prototyper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to see an option where everything is server side. Side step all issues and just force everything to be on the server. possibly even figure out a way to even make your mouse aiming to be server side too. Maybe show a second cross hair to display where you are aiming on the server or something.
    - Russell Meakim AKA The Castle
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjE...JOGtfv1RK2DpNg
    Steemit: https://steemit.com/@thecastle
    Twitter: @zZCastleZz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scxmdrxg View Post
    As much as I would like to hate blizzard you cannot. Overwatch's fun factor is phenomenal even with their crap half-anime art direction. How can Blizzard accomplish this and UT struggling for like what, 2 years now? And dont give me that 'small team' excuse. The game was better in 2015. Everything that is currently ruining UT4 is CLEARLY wrong decisions.
    Overwatch was borne of Titan, which was in development for many years. Whilst it is indeed a fantastic game, with very few performance/networking issues, it's not a fair comparison.

I'm not trying to make any comment on game design, weapon balance, or Epic's grand scheme for UT here. I'm simply trying to convey the point that performance and networking should be high on the priority list for QA of a new build. Previous builds have had issues here. But I've managed to get by with them, usually by avoiding whatever maps/servers/settings are most prone to causing performance/network issues.

However I'm finding that in this build there's no more workarounds. Both of the modes I play (CTF and Duel) are effected. I haven't played a single CTF game yet that hasn't had my shots/transloc frequently disappear in mid air, and with so many hits that do no damage/don't even connect in the first place. Every hub seems to hitch with weapon CTF after 15-30 minutes of play. Frequently they crash after a few minutes of this. Duel is working better, I imagine because it's less stressful server side. But even there the inconsistent hit reg is making it frustrating.

Not to try to make any threat towards Epic, or that anyone would particularly care, but I'm strongly considering leaving the game for the foreseeable future, maybe returning when it's in a beta/release state and these issues have been addressed.

I'll also note that RZE commented on this on Discord a few days ago, saying it was likely a combination of hitbox/netcode issues. Certainly Epic are aware of it, I'm just hoping that such issues are rooted out and dealt with more thoroughly before builds are deployed in future.

As a further note - I'm also a game developer. I know that development builds can be a hell of a lot worse than the builds we get here. We're talking crashes on launch, big ole memory leaks, total desyncs between client and server, massive rendering problems, etc. However as a player, and a somewhat competitive one at that, even minor imperfections in core gameplay can be frustrating. Especially when UT has historically been such a high achiever. As such I'd be willing to entertain the idea that it's perhaps too early to be pushing competitive play. And maybe these initial stages of development could be done behind closed doors, going into public testing in late alpha/beta.
    Last edited by Tamerlane; 05-22-2016 at 06:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nes710 View Post
    If you think Overwatch gameplay is great then I can't take your opinions on UT as credible.

I wouldnt care, I dont really care if you think it's credible or not. Because fanboys never do. I only speak the truth, OW is extremely polished. If you dont like the gameplay then it's fine, no game is everyone's cup of tea. The problem is that my opinions are not only mine but by a big number of players. UT4 is not fun at the moment and as I said before, its ironic because it was better in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane View Post
    Overwatch was borne of Titan, which was in development for many years. Whilst it is indeed a fantastic game, with very few performance/networking issues, it's not a fair comparison.

I'm not trying to make any comment on game design, weapon balance, or Epic's grand scheme for UT here. I'm simply trying to convey the point that performance and networking should be high on the priority list for QA of a new build. Previous builds have had issues here. But I've managed to get by with them, usually by avoiding whatever maps/servers/settings are most prone to causing performance/network issues.

However I'm finding that in this build there's no more workarounds. Both of the modes I play (CTF and Duel) are effected. I haven't played a single CTF game yet that hasn't had my shots/transloc frequently disappear in mid air, and with so many hits that do no damage/don't even connect in the first place. Every hub seems to hitch with weapon CTF after 15-30 minutes of play. Frequently they crash after a few minutes of this. Duel is working better, I imagine because it's less stressful server side. But even there the inconsistent hit reg is making it frustrating.

Not to try to make any threat towards Epic, or that anyone would particularly care, but I'm strongly considering leaving the game for the foreseeable future, maybe returning when it's in a beta/release state and these issues have been addressed.

I'll also note that RZE commented on this on Discord a few days ago, saying it was likely a combination of hitbox/netcode issues. Certainly Epic are aware of it, I'm just hoping that such issues are rooted out and dealt with more thoroughly before builds are deployed in future.

As a further note - I'm also a game developer. I know that development builds can be a hell of a lot worse than the builds we get here. We're talking crashes on launch, big ole memory leaks, total desyncs between client and server, massive rendering problems, etc. However as a player, and a somewhat competitive one at that, even minor imperfections in core gameplay can be frustrating. Especially when UT has historically been such a high achiever. As such I'd be willing to entertain the idea that it's perhaps too early to be pushing competitive play. And maybe these initial stages of development could be done behind closed doors, going into public testing in late alpha/beta.

I agree with you, but I never tried to compare OW and UT4. Sorry if it sounded like that. The problem here is that when a year of development goes by and there is no major content and new things I hardly find any reason to stay even though I love UT as a universe to the death. The problems that are taking place is that Epic continues to make this game with the mind of 'esports' instead of fun. And that was where OW came in the discussion. I do not really compare this early alpha to OW which is a finished product but more on the fun/gameplay decisions.
    Last edited by Scxmdrxg; 05-22-2016 at 07:31 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Overwatch probably spends more in 1 month on development than UT4 has since it began - but it is a good game.

As for the original post, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that the community is here to generate ideas and test things out. This is in addition to content - e.g. maps and skins. Epic will then use a few of the ideas in the game, but they have their own road map and schedule.

We have seen them listening recently with a number of weapon changes and they do also recognise the need to continue new development. The core game is very good, but there's just such a lot to do for a small team.
    Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Flak (reduce damage and initial shard collision size), Team Balance, Warm-up too long, Scoreboards lack player stats, Spawn Delay.

My Plays.TV random frags to scroll through: http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGWiZ4RD View Post
    Overwatch is not a moba, you can change class in your spawn and your imagination is key to how utilize your class. I dont really get you say about the 'limit' but trust me, there is no limit in overwatch. And that is why it is actually fun. I **** you not, I never liked blizzard or the copy-paste games they make but Overwatch is a great game. Trust me on this.
    Overwatch has a rock paper scissors class approach. Its like Team Fortress all over again. Yea you get to change classes after you die, but the thing is I don't like dying because I got beat rock-paper-scissors style. You have to avoid certain rival character classes when playing that game vs. having an equal fight with every player. Its a gimmick that is in most games these days because it is a skillcap. That is why I really got attached to UT4 is that it is brutal with its allowances. 1 skilled player can take out an entire team and there's no special gadget or character stats to stop that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there instructions as to how we can force our own servers to run at 120 tick?
    Last edited by Xacius; 05-24-2016 at 07:02 PM.

Unreal Tournament Contributor
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacius View Post
    Are there instructions as to how we can force our own servers to run at 120 tick?
    Add this to the engine.ini file

[/Script/OnlineSubsystemUtils.IpNetDriver]
    NetServerMaxTickRate=120
    PayBack
    Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
    Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
    UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
    UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It just goes right "through"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dementiurge View Post

Rumor has it, some CoD developers have helped them get the basics right - movement (especially the fluid movement), the way the weapons work, the netcode for all this...

It is more moba than TF2, that's for sure. You can't really carry a team in this game because of the overpowered ultimate abilities. A good Widowmaker might land all the headshots, but to what use is that, if there's 3 soldier's behind the enemy Reinhart's shield and your teammates can't get the Reinhart to lower his shield...

Couldn't agree more. This is largely due to them not really taking feedback for the game. They only ever visit the art subforum. Everyone is nice there, everyone is creating awesome art, everyone is puking rainbows and submitting constructive criticism.

I mean I get it if we traumatized them with the toxicity of the feedback subforum, but just leaving it is not gonna solve any problems. If the game would be any fun, more people would play - that would also mean more potential content developers. Instead of creating the nice maps and character models (which are appreciated non the less), Epic really should focusing on getting the gunplay right. We can develop content, but we cannot control balance changes and what is happening in each build. With this effort the game could later have a self-sustaining relationship.
    Last edited by InVader; 05-31-2016 at 06:24 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lakecityransom View Post
    Overwatch has a rock paper scissors class approach. Its like Team Fortress all over again. Yea you get to change classes after you die, but the thing is I don't like dying because I got beat rock-paper-scissors style. You have to avoid certain rival character classes when playing that game vs. having an equal fight with every player. Its a gimmick that is in most games these days because it is a skillcap. That is why I really got attached to UT4 is that it is brutal with its allowances. 1 skilled player can take out an entire team and there's no special gadget or character stats to stop that.
    Umm... UT4 is too have rock-paper-scissors mechanic. You picked up weapon and can't use other weapon, because weapon change is very long. Deadly long. And you fight with Bio or castrated Shock versus rocket/minigun. Or vice versa, if you are lucky.

Overwatch from Blizzard is a great game. From Epic Games is a great game... Paragon. Not UT. Not now. Maybe never.
    Last edited by Skaary; 05-31-2016 at 06:54 AM.

Unreal Tournament Contributor
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skaary View Post
    Umm... UT4 is too have rock-paper-scissors mechanic. You picked up weapon and can't use other weapon, because weapon change is very long. Deadly long. And you fight with Bio or castrated Shock versus rocket/minigun. Or vice versa, if you are lucky.

Overwatch from Blizzard is a great game. From Epic Games is a great game... Paragon. Not UT. Not now. Maybe never.
    Then what are you doing here? Maybe you should go find an Overwatch forum to **** talk UT on.
    PayBack
    Come Join UT4Pugs.com on Discord! https://discord.gg/nx5Gnbx
    Capture the Flag, Elimination, Duel, Assault, Flag Run, Death Match, Team Death Match, Custom Maps and Mutators!
    UT4Pugs Chicao MEGAHUB - Dual CPU, Intel Xeon 16C/32T 64GB RAM Bare Metal Server
    UT4Pugs Detroit Minihub - Single CPU, Intel Haswell 4C/4T 8GB RAM SSD Bare Metal Server

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought i was alone on this, guess not. Lets just wait for the next build to see what happends next.

I stopped with putting my energy into this, to get only frustrated. i just go along as Epic would like to see it. #PreAlpha.
    Last edited by Mcjansen; 05-31-2016 at 10:06 AM.
    | Designer | Copywriter | Writer | Editor | Soundtrack lover | Known as 7eVeN^ since UT'99!
    Follow me at Twitter @Mcjansen

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjansen View Post
    Thought i was alone on this, guess not. Lets just wait for the next build to see what happends next.

I stopped with putting my energy into this, to get only frustrated. i just go along as Epic would like to see it. #PreAlpha.
    I can't even download the newest update. Launcher keeps crashing whenever I try to update the game We are reaching new depths here...

It's not like there was anything at all regarding netcode in patchnotes anyways. Or weapon balance. They just removed the link pull, because it was useless (after 1 full year of begging, yay).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i feel stupid..
    Bad netcode? Never knew that something exists since i'm oblivious to how game designing works.
    When I didn't land sniper shots (which i swear they were spot on) I thought they added bullet time travel to the sniper rifle... you know... like in battlefield....

Feel free to laugh at me (i know i am)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InVader View Post
    They just removed the link pull, because it was useless (after 1 full year of begging, yay).
    damn man. i loved the pull function. was super helpful pulling some fool from a ledge trying to spam rockets just cause he had a high position. looks like by the time everyone gets their wish those of us who wanted something new n fresh will have to move on to other games.

I started liking UT4 cause it was not like the others. :/
    Now im concerned its going to end up just being another vanilla shooter. Before you know it... slide and wall run is removed.
    Last edited by Crocopede; 06-01-2016 at 06:54 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pull was pretty unpopular. I didn't think it had been removed, just tweaked. I still see the animation, but I have found that it hasn't been working when I use it.

I usually make use of that when a flag carrier is making a jump somewhere.

As for the original topic, there are definitely problems with the way slide works and there seems to be something off when trying to projectile hit someone with 100 or so ping. They seem to always have more health (or they are not where they appear to be).
    Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Flak (reduce damage and initial shard collision size), Team Balance, Warm-up too long, Scoreboards lack player stats, Spawn Delay.

My Plays.TV random frags to scroll through: http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't remember reading them removing pull, and I'm pretty sure I used it the last time I played. They reverted a graphical change to shaft that was causing a very consistent bug where the shaft animation would stay "locked" on your last target, until you used it again on someone else, and hit them.

Pull is still there, though it's pretty weak.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pull is still in:

(Video by TonyJack)
    :|

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Flikswich @-AEnubis- @Smurgl

Right, sorry, got confused by the patch notes. Eh, I was hoping we'd be finally free of that frustrating mechanic x)

@Crocopede
    Tbh, I love the sliding mechanic. SO useful for dodging hitscan. The movement in general is almost on spot, I think. Just a little bit of tweaking of numbers here and there. The wall run could be a bit longer so that one can really make use of it reliably.
    Last edited by InVader; 06-02-2016 at 10:59 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, actually they made the wall run indefinite recently as you're a very predictable target when you do it, so it is not unbalanced.

After playing some bot matches since finding out about the blue challenges, I see why it is now so noticable. I still think prediction and compensation are terribly off, but even bot matches are bad at the moment. Even worse is how the challenges are promoting visually passed maps, which makes the most challenging thing turning enough frames to play them.

Between terrible hit registration, terrible weapon balance, and terrible performance, the game is just terribly frustrating.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -AEnubis- View Post
    Heh, actually they made the wall run indefinite recently as you're a very predictable target when you do it, so it is not unbalanced.

After playing some bot matches since finding out about the blue challenges, I see why it is now so noticable. I still think prediction and compensation are terribly off, but even bot matches are bad at the moment. Even worse is how the challenges are promoting visually passed maps, which makes the most challenging thing turning enough frames to play them.

Between terrible hit registration, terrible weapon balance, and terrible performance, the game is just terribly frustrating.
    What kind of setup are you running this on? Last I checked all maps ran fine on my GTX760. That was before the latest build, which I cannot install. Did this patch come with an engine upgrade as well?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Core2duo, 560ti, 8gigs ram. Problem is games are the only reason to upgrade, and there are currently no good ones, this one not withstanding.
    Last edited by -AEnubis-; 06-04-2016 at 06:02 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast