Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 0.1.6 Update posted 11/10/2016

Unreal Tournament Developer
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

0.1.6 Update posted 11/10/2016

We've made a new pre-alpha playable build available. See the instructions on how to get this build.

UPDATE 11/10/2016: We have an update coming 11/11 that will fix the issue that is preventing users from launching the client.
    If you are unable to launch the latest update of Unreal Tournament please ensure that you have the 'Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015'. You can find it at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx…
    We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have it fixed as soon as possible

UPDATE 11/11/2016: We have resolved the issue with clients requiring the 'Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015'. Please visit the Epic Games Launcher to get the update.

See you guys online!
    Last edited by RZE; 11-11-2016 at 03:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    woohoo! tenchars

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there we go clean install hope i can play this game again, been a while......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    epic launcher is not reporting any available UT updates (there was only launcher update, but after restart still not UT updates)

edit
    updating now
    Last edited by Furma; 11-10-2016 at 01:20 PM.
    || MSI H77MA-G43 || Core i5-3470 3.2GHz || DDR3 16GB Kingston @ 1600MHz, CL9 || Gigabyte G1 GTX970 || 2xSSD + 1xHDD || 520W Seasonic SS-520GB || Acer 27" XB270H 144Hz || Mouse: Logitech G403 Wireless || Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r RGB MX Nature White || Windows 10 Pro 64bit ||

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you said you fixed it but on hidden weapons projectiles still come out of right and then go to center god damn it :/ how hard that can be to fix looks extremely disorrienting on shock cores and rockets

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this build fix the "spawning facing walls" problem in duel? I don't see it in the version notes.

Does this build fix the issue in duel where when you enter warmup, once the game starts you don't have the option to choose your spawn?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just finished the update, but I cannot run the game. I click the "Launch" button, and than it says "Busy" ... and then after a few seconds it comes back to the "Launch" button again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeRasa Mario View Post
    I have just finished the update, but I cannot run the game. I click the "Launch" button, and than it says "Busy" ... and then after a few seconds it comes back to the "Launch" button again.
    Same here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hitscan traces from other weapons are no longer blocked by shock balls.
    Heck yes.

Any chance we can get old stinger secondary back? The new one barely requires aim to use effectively, is extremely annoying to come under fire from, and doesn't feel very impactful or satisfying. The old alt was more satisfying to use, and had some cool niche uses thanks to its knockback and shard jumping.

I'm also glad about the improved bot A.I., but I'd love to see a reduction in their prowess with link. At longer ranges, they just spam the bejeezus out of the primary, you'd think their links didn't overheat. At closer ranges, they have an annoying tendency to link pull, even on lower skill levels and in absurd scenarios (I've had instances where they did a 180 and instantly link pulled me, even as the link beam got obscured by a wall or something.)

Their use of the grenade launcher is also pretty annoying at times. In the last build, they'd spend all of their time charging sticky mines; if you killed them while they were charging, they would invariably let loose with all the sticky mines in a wide fan in front of them the instant they died. Not only did this cause some aggravating unavoidable damage, but I don't even think the ability to discharge all pre-loaded grenades on death is available to regular players (nor should it be).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCarr View Post
    Same here.
    Same here, game won't launch anymore.

Ok fixed!
    Download and install this and try again:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=48145
    Last edited by forward; 11-10-2016 at 03:25 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, it is impossible to switch full-screen resolution to 2560x1440. It always switch to 2000x1000. Additional info: My display has a native resolution of 5120x2880, due to this 15 mpixel monsters I switched to 2560x1440 and could play with this setting very good until the last two UT updates.
    This was never a problem even with the very first alpha release of UT 4, but the developers have sucked again
    Will try to uninstall and reinstall the whole UT version.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeRasa Mario View Post
    Install the VC2015 Redist. If this does not help, a hotfix is supposed to be released tomorrow that should fix this problem for everyone.
    @Snyp, try setting the resolution via console using "setres" command: "setres 2560x1440"
    "Yeah. _Lynx can fire the lightning gun, have the lightning bolt turn a 90 degree corner, stop and ask the closest teammate for directions, confuse the directions and get lost, realize it went the wrong way, make a U-Turn, and get a headshot on the intended target."
    - RenegadeRetard

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by legionz View Post
    Does this build fix the "spawning facing walls" problem in duel? I don't see it in the version notes.
    This should be fixed in the new build. Let us know if you see it again.
    https://unrealtournament.atlassian.net/browse/UT-6086

Does this build fix the issue in duel where when you enter warmup, once the game starts you don't have the option to choose your spawn?
    Thank you for bringing this duel issue to our attention. You can track the bug on JIRA: https://unrealtournament.atlassian.net/browse/UT-6498

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I've tested out the updated grenade launcher. It's a lot better now, although instead of the secondary being useless it's now the secondary is superior in almost ever aspect to the primary.

With the secondary you can aim for their feet and detonate it once it landed. With the secondary you can still air-burst (don't remove that). Basically the secondary can be used as a slightly weaker rocket that can be detonated mid flight. While the primary is still just spam and hope that the randomly bouncing grenades hit something.
    Although the reason why I'm liking the secondary could be because I was maining demoman in TF2.

All in all I might start using it over the enforcer now.

The new models for the armors are certainly distinctive from eachother, but I don't really like the style. I'd still prefer the thigh pads/chestpiece/helmet combo. At the very least make the shield belt absorb 150 damage total instead of absorb 50 and mitigate 100. Currently if you're fighting over it and barely win it it's not really useful. Personally I feel like the 100 bonus health pickup is a lot more desirable because of the abundance of the other armor pickups and the lack of benefit for aquiring the shield belt over those.
    Last edited by Andoulline; 11-10-2016 at 04:47 PM. Reason: May have forgot the 2nd part of the post...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @_Lynx

@
    Snyp, try setting the resolution via console using "setres" command: "setres 2560x1440"

Thank you very much for your hint. It worked for me and you have saved my day

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBoiUNREAL View Post
    This should be fixed in the new build. Let us know if you see it again.
    https://unrealtournament.atlassian.net/browse/UT-6086

Thank you for bringing this duel issue to our attention. You can track the bug on JIRA: https://unrealtournament.atlassian.net/browse/UT-6498
    Thanks! (10char)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    instead of outright removing the halloween facing worlds, you should've just taken it out of default map rotation and disabled the pumpkin collection tracker. it's nice to have the option to play on these kinds of seasonal maps out-of-season, like in TF2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK got to play a bit.

-Rocket launcher lock-on is very distracting. Makes it impossible to load up multiple rox and time your shot in a mid range battle bc you keep losing your crosshair. I never use autolock on and now it's in my face
    -At a glance, the empty healthkit hologram looks the same as bio goop
    -Seeing someone with the redeemer equipped made me chuckle, but I like that it's more visible now
    -100 armour suffers from reduced visibility vs old one
    -don't know what to make of the wip grenade launcher yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see respawn timer hasnt been removed from FFA/TDM

whats the reasoning behind this?
    || MSI H77MA-G43 || Core i5-3470 3.2GHz || DDR3 16GB Kingston @ 1600MHz, CL9 || Gigabyte G1 GTX970 || 2xSSD + 1xHDD || 520W Seasonic SS-520GB || Acer 27" XB270H 144Hz || Mouse: Logitech G403 Wireless || Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r RGB MX Nature White || Windows 10 Pro 64bit ||

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gratz we can not even swear any more.... ****ing pc generation ruining everything. there are no bad words!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I played a little bit and can think of a few things:

- The rocket launcher lock on is too fast. In such a short period of time I found that I was getting attacked by this quite a lot and I don't think it's in the "spirit" of the game.
    - The headshot /armor animation was quite good
    - Some new UI changes were nice

- It was still a bit laggy, but maybe that's just the hosting.
    - I got bugged out where I kept running left and then feigning death and eventually cratered.
    Current Main Issues: Tri-Rox (Remove), Flak (reduce damage and initial shard collision size), Team Balance, Warm-up too long, Scoreboards lack player stats, Spawn Delay.

My Plays.TV random frags to scroll through: http://plays.tv/u/Smurgl

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so there is anther few things for you

-rocket lock on too fast this feature need not even be in game
    -healthpacks confuse me shells look like bio rifle
    -link gun shaft guys do i need to kill your animations guy?
    -projectiles still come out of right and then go to center on hidden weapons
    -you made link prim op just stop trying to balance it with gimmicks and balance it bu projectile speed/damage value/fire rate
    -flak is like neo, the one! if you can not do **** use the flak to achieve your goal, terribly op
    -stinger alt is not in the spirit of the game too noob friendly come on this is just bad and with its aoe you can literally shut down the so intended to be sniper windows and peeing spots
    -still ****load of double cores but on plus side at least flak shots have been registering now
    -god damn it guys you sure salvo is a good idea?
    -weapon switch speed not trolling (pb pls support)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Death Cam

• If not line of sight to killer, spawn a hologram of the killer at the location where he shot from and look at that.
    • Only follow killer for three seconds with death cam.
    • Deathcam zoom more gentle.
    • Adjusted deathcam view position over the body and other improvements.
    I like these changes!
    Another crazy idea brought to you by richardboegli ;P

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played it early today and like the changes.
    I'm gonna do a run down on it soon and post a YouTube video.

EDIT: video is done
    Unreal Tournament - My thoughts on new build #PRE-ALPHA 0.1.6 and I got 60% sniper aim while making this video!
    Last edited by sickzau83; 11-12-2016 at 05:29 PM. Reason: added YouTube video

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    even better idea about death cam, make it optional, reduce spawn delay to 1 sec :v 0.8 is op ofc

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Rocket launcher lock-on. Terrible idea for arena fps, get rid of this please.
    - Grenade launcher. Get rid of this disgusting weapon and return grenades to the rocket launcher.
    - Linkgun overheat, still no fan of this.
    - Secondary Mini, please return original feature of a few builds back. The noob-friendly, always hit action is really not suitable for a game like UT.

Please start making some progress on this game ffs.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My in game sensitivity wasn't 1.26 and now it's like 2.77 or something. It feels the same as before, though. Did the game automatically translate old sens to some new number?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My in game sensitivity wasn't 1.26 and now it's like 2.77 or something. It feels the same as before, though. Did the game automatically translate old sens to some new number?

it did icanconfirm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _Lynx View Post
    ... try setting the resolution via console using "setres" command: "setres 2560x1440"
    same here. the native resolution of my display is 1920 x 1200. i can´t change the display setting. it is automatically set on 1250 x 720. when i select 1920 x 1200 it switch back to 1250 x 720 when i press ok. but the GameUserSettings.ini shows the right settings. ... setting via console works but will not be saved for the next game start. i have to do it every time.
    sorry, i do not speak english well and i use google translator to read and write.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    0.1.6 Redist Fix Update is Live! 11/11/2016
    New Update with Community Maps Available! - Now with Redist fix!

Release Notes: https://goo.gl/LKAcSu
    Forum Post: https://goo.gl/uspXz1
    Blog Post: https://goo.gl/IQEUPH
    Community Map Trailer: https://youtu.be/NlnrREg2O7I
    Live Stream: https://youtu.be/ICYmcTrzfvE

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RZE View Post
    Why shortlinks... why...
    ] Map Scaler Tool | Betrayal for UT4 | No Spawn Protection | No Pickup Timer | BioLauncher (revived) | ForcePickupSpawn | Map cosmetics::P | Safe Spawn::P | Why numbers for Health/Armor suck!::ANALYSIS/CONCEPT
    ] UT3 Addons: NoMoreDemoGuy | PickupRespawnTweak | Mutate Spec | MutePawnSounds | NoPlayerBeacon | Epic FTW | Epic FOCK | TripodSound (... and many more)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    display setting problem not solved for me with this update.
    sorry, i do not speak english well and i use google translator to read and write.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2 cents on some of the weapons:

Grenade Launcher:
    - I'm not keen on the whole 'right click to detonate' thing. It makes the weapon far too slow to use compared to any of the other guns, exploding grenades in mid-air feels like a cheap shock combo, and having a firing mode that sometimes shoots a nade and sometimes explodes it is kind of unpredictable and unreliable.
    - I think the secondary grenade should explode automatically as soon as another player enters its radius. The explosion could have a small delay and make a beep, so the other player has the chance to dodge the grenade if he does it in the right direction. If you hit secondary again, I think the weapon should always shoot a new grenade, and the previous grenade would be deactivated without exploding.
    - Regarding the primary, I think the bounciness of the grenades should be emphasized to contrast with the stickiness of the secondary fire. Primaries have become a little too heavy in this build perhaps...
    - Secondary could also be a charged grenade instead, so you can charge to increase the firing distance. Not sure if that might make it too similar to the Bio, though...

Link Gun:
    - I have always felt that the LinkGun and Minigun primaries were just too similar to each other, so trying to turn the Link into a burst weapon sounds really good to me. However, I'm not sure that the overheating should be the way to go. A restriction like that makes you worry too much about the overheating instead of the deadliness of the weapon, so it doesn't feel that fun to use... Perhaps it would be worth to turn the Link primary into a non-hold-the-mouse mode, and make it fire a burst of projectiles every click... Not sure about it, though...
    - Regarding the possible name change back to Pulse Rifle... what about vehicles in the future?

Rocket Launcher:
    - While I like the idea of the Grenade Launcher, I miss the rocket grenades too! The weapon is a bit shallow now and I think it would benefit from some kind of 3rd firing mode. Spiral and trident back, perhaps?
    DM-Batrankus is out on the UT Marketplace! Enjoy!

My UT Maps: | JB-Makoy (UT3JB) | JB-Fragtion2 (UT2004JB) | CTF-Opposite (UT2004) | VCTF-Antropolis (UT2004) |
    My Puzzle Levels: | Tetrobot and Co. | Portal 2 | Toki Tori |
    My Localizations: | Killing Floor |

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new maps are very nice, but the recoil, the way the screen is shaking at shooting is very distracting. I don't think an oldschool arenashooter needs any of that at all.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Killed by bad hosting and packet loss. Unplayable, nothing to comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new maps are very nice, but the recoil, the way the screen is shaking at shooting is very distracting. I don't think an oldschool arenashooter needs any of that at all.
    Go into settings and disable weaponshake

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Link Gun should keep its linking ability but it should work like UT3's but tweaked radius. In fact I find it weird how it went back to UT2k4's link mechanic when UT3's was clearly a superior way of implementing it: you avoid linking teammates when you don't want to, you just have to stay close to the teammate. It's more fun as you don't just run around with that link beam locked on your teammate. It also balanced the mechanic out, having to stay close to the teammate makes them more vulnerable / easier or bigger target and it also promoted teamwork in Warfare/CTF to build nodes/heal vehicles faster.

I would love to hear an argument for removing altogether and why the pre-alpha have had the UT2k4 mechanic until it was removed in response to this argument for UT3's implementation. Bring it on
    Last edited by RPGWiZ4RD; 11-11-2016 at 05:41 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cross-hair animation behind the lock on makes a lot of sense, but is maybe a bit too large. A similar idea that might work would be to make the cross-hair itself change color when locked on, or a 1/3 of it at a time to match each loaded rocket. Still not a huge fan of tri-rox, as other have said, they're superior to primary fire in every way.

Link changes are cool. Good to see you're playing around.

Stream was great. You guys are clearly reading and considering our feedback. The explanations behind your changes are great to hear as well. Thank you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eBoLa View Post
    Go into settings and disable weaponshake
    Where? I can't find it anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where? I can't find it anywhere.

player settings.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast