Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament Identity (logos, styleguide, etc...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Tournament Identity (logos, styleguide, etc...)

Please can the various art assets such as the Unreal logo, previous Unreal Tournament logos and such be made available for download. So people can also contribute design-wise.

Preferably vector formats, such as .ai, .eps and .svg if possible.

The game needs a cohesive image / aesthetic, and it will be nice trying to solidify an identity for the game in parallel with other developments, perhaps even give direction.
    Last edited by Daniel Carvalho; 05-09-2014, 12:02 PM. Reason: clarity

Vector for download: http://seeklogo.com/unreal-tournament-logo-146139.html

There is also UT2k4 logo on this website. But i wan't UT'99 U back
    Attached Files
    Unofficial Enforcer Model
    Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Awesome, thanks; I'll give that one a go.

Seems like it has some rough edges, wonder how official the logos are on that website, or if they just traced from images, which is what I think they are. Good starting point though. Can still do mockups with these.

Hopefully someone from Epic can help as well.

Comment

So that's one logo.

If we can anticipate the return of corporations like Liandri and Axon then we'll need branding for each as well. It would be very helpful to have style guides for the Na Pali and Skaarj too. They even have their own languages.

I'd feel better if style guides were something that Epic could provide so that we (the masses) can follow them and feel confident about what we're doing.
        Dueling Flak Cannons
        We see the shells falling
        Together, we die

Comment

Heres a screenshot from a animation im doing in AE just to learn.
          I used a highrez picture of the Unrealengine U and put it on the 3D objects.

Click image for larger version

Name:	UT.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	328340
          Last edited by Wowbagger; 05-18-2014, 03:38 AM.

Comment

That is a good idea, like Wipeout, all the fictional companies had proper, real styleguides. That game was so amazingly designed, from top to bottom.

You might be right. It could be better from Epic, but it might not be either. It certainly doesn't hurt to add to the idea pool.

As with all the creative material (models, maps, textures, etc...), there are other people out there who are equally and more creative than the people at Epic. Don't discount it.

Of course in saying that, I'd imagine strategically, that if there ever was something that would be managed and handled internally, it would be this. So it's quite unlikely they'll allow this to be a community effort.
            Last edited by Daniel Carvalho; 05-10-2014, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Very cool Wowbagger.

Comment

Originally posted by TrickyVein View Post
                So that's one logo.

If we can anticipate the return of corporations like Liandri and Axon then we'll need branding for each as well. It would be very helpful to have style guides for the Na Pali and Skaarj too. They even have their own languages.

I'd feel better if style guides were something that Epic could provide so that we (the masses) can follow them and feel confident about what we're doing.
                I think the logo for the Skaarj is the Unreal Damage Amplifier.
                History: UT99 (2003 - 2007; 2009 - Now) UT2k4: (2005-2007), UT3 (2008-2009)
                UT Nicknames: Shotman, HeatWave, MY_KID
                UT Clan: -={SDA}=- (Sniping Death Angles) and zsu (Zark Snipers United)
                UT Main Menu Design

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Carvalho View Post
                  As with all the creative material (models, maps, textures, etc...), there are other people out there who are equally and more creative than the people at Epic. Don't discount it.
                  I don't, but regardless of who it is you can't enforce quality control if you can't distinguish between what is/isn't acceptable for the design of something as fundamental as the UT logo. That's all I'm saying. Having an authority to look to in certain design matters is actually empowering for lots of creative people. It has a grounding effect.
                  Dueling Flak Cannons
                  Together, we die

Comment

I don't see how you wouldn't be able to distinguish between what is and isn't acceptable for the design of something. Unreal Tournament's identity always gets codified, it just might not be conceptualized fully by the Epic team alone this time. I'm not sure I understand what the problem is. Obviously it's Epic's project, and as with everything, they'll have to put their stamp on it before it becomes anything official.

Although I didn't necessarily suggest that the Unreal Tournament logo should be changed, as it is, the Unreal Tournament logo has gone through several variations over the years. And it will probably go though that again. There's nothing incredibly fundamental about the Unreal Tournament logo, in terms of it's application. Yes, there will be the Unreal "U", as per the already established elements. I think you just may be getting confused as to what it means to come up with an identity. It needn't be, and certainly wasn't what I was thinking, a complete throw away of everything that's been before. For example, Unreal Tournament 3 changed the lettering somewhat of "Tournament", and had the red painty blood swashes as central elements. Heck, even the circular UT logo has been changed over the years.

More importantly, and identity / brand is more than just a logo.
                    Last edited by Daniel Carvalho; 05-10-2014, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Carvalho View Post
                      I'm not sure I understand what the problem is.
                      There isn't one. You and I are in agreement, I'd say. The game needs a unified aesthetic. Epic has the final say.
                      Dueling Flak Cannons
                      Together, we die

Comment

Unreal Tournament will always be a part of my identity.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140510_190129.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	328342

Comment

Seems like it TrickyVein!

Wow, w4ph3r, that's some commitment!

Comment

I took the liberty of making vector files for the current UE4 U logo. The download file comes with SVG, PDF and AI files. Enjoy!

Download (the preview is low res)

I also made a concept wallpaper based on the splashscreen for original UT, but with a newer visual. It's nothing special but may give others some ideas.

Last edited by Crotale; 05-14-2014, 01:27 AM.
                            Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

I remastered the Unreal Tournament text and vectorized it. The download file contains SVG, PDF and AI files. Enjoy!

Download here. (preview is low res and does not represent the actual vector quality)

Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Working...
                              X