This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sly. View Post

The gold and silver mix is very sharp! Can you provide the logo itself on a transparent background in this arrangement?
    UTLauncher - standalone Unreal Tournament server browser / Download / Github
    ut.rushbase.net - free community hosting for Unreal Tournament assets

Comment

Hah, nice throwbacks to the UT1 logo there Sly.

Since there's an SVG, I tried playing around with the colours.

Gold-red gradient (I wanted to make the gradient go full circle, but it's kind of hard to do in Inkscape):

UE4 colour palette:

And since it was suggested to try flag colours, a Lithuanian colour palette:

Unreal Tournament 4 eXpanded MultiPlayer (UT4XMP) efforts
      My website, listing all my Unreal series mods and mutators

Comment

Those are all pretty cool guys. Nice painting Sly.

I actually like the lithuania colors somehow. Reminds me of the New Jersey Devils :P

UT4 modding discussion: irc.globalgamers.net #UTModders
        Contrib Digest | UT2341 - Henrik's UT4 Dev Blog | Twitter

Comment

Lithuania colours remind me of Google Chrome icon colours.
          UTLauncher - standalone Unreal Tournament server browser / Download / Github
          ut.rushbase.net - free community hosting for Unreal Tournament assets

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
            Love the red outline! Made me think of a request for you (or anyone really). Could we get some nice blood/gore soaked logos?

Comment

Sly, that's slick.

Originally posted by Sir_Brizz View Post
              Don't be like that. I like your work here. As someone who definitely does not prefer this logo for a variety of reasons, your wallpaper was one of the few so far I really liked.
              Thanks for the support. I'm glad you like it. I don't plan to abandon the piece, but I may have to if I cannot get it right. I know that style may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
              That one's pretty sweet Crotale.
              Thanks, Henrik.

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
              Since there's an SVG, I tried playing around with the colours.
              If I may, I found one little thing I noticed. The upper right corner on the U's white stroke should be pointed, not rounded.
              Last edited by Crotale; 10-05-2014, 12:27 PM.
              Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Here is muh latest. It is kind of a red v blue themed space image I created some time ago, but thought I might use as an afterthought on Henrik's spaced theme wallpaper.

Enjoy, or not.

Promotional consideration brought to you by: Tarydium Shards, those neat little projectiles that remove unwanted flesh...from your opponents!

Comment

Sweet!

See now that's a theme where rich color can work well.

Comment

Originally posted by HenrikRyosa View Post
                    I don't take offense to things like that, tastes are tastes. What I said on IRC was that I was surprised at the amount of feedback. Glad to hear that it grew on you though.
                    Well then in that case I am glad, I would have hated for you to have took such off-the-cuff comments to heart. Keep up the good work, good sir
                    UT2004Community YouTube channel. A professional e-sports and community replay archive for Unreal Tournament 2004.

Cluex.org YouTube channel. A video archive of our UT2004 competitive events and tournaments.

Comment

Figured I'd post this:

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/1...ment-new-logo/

Top story. Above Destiny, Bayonetta, and some Mortal Combat stuff.

Amazing they are still listening to UT. Of course, last news article was a bad lead, and to most people still unaware of UT4, it's a dead series, with no new games for 7 years, and a last game that was such a fail the community died much faster than normal.
                      Change for the worse, and you regret every moment.
                      Change for the better, and you can't live without it.
                      Having the will to embrace change is the real challenge.
                      --Captain Crit

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                        Here is muh latest. It is kind of a red v blue themed space image I created some time ago, but thought I might use as an afterthought on Henrik's spaced theme wallpaper.

Enjoy, or not.

Yep. Honestly, you are doing some nice stuff that mutes a lot of the issues I have with the logo.
                        HABOUJI! Ouboudah! Batai d'va!
                        BeyondUnreal - Liandri Archives [An extensive repository of Unreal lore.] - Join us on IRC [irc.utchat.com - #beyondunreal]

Comment

ok guys here is my version! I Really like Henriks logo. Will make some more with it later.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by y2k; 10-06-2014, 03:57 AM.

Comment

RushPL, you asked for it, here you can get it:
                            This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version
                            S l y .

Comment

Nice, y2k.

Ok, here's the emblem-only version of the classic UI:

Comment

Very nice, Henrik! Looks quite classic, though I wonder what if you would make the circle golden as well? Or in bronze to make it less dominant but similar?
                                S l y .

Comment

Working...
                                X