This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fartuess View Post
    Well... that was the exact approach of Epic. They just throw ideas that are cool at the time of their creation and overriding their previous ideas which are now uncool. Necris are the best example of this. Classic Necris were cool in late 90s, but were overriden in mid 200X by UC concept, which then was overriden in late 200X by UT3. And current oficial Necris concept is the same exact approach. The concept seems now cooler than previous one, so it overrdes it. This is chaos created by quite poor long term worldbuilding skills of Epic. We are trying to find common denominator for UT'99, UC2 and UT3, meanwhile Epic throws another radically different idea for this faction.

See, no one objects to the idea of introducing new concepts. The part that's controversial is when you take names that refer to existing concepts and slap them on new things. People would rightfully be offended if they saw Malcolm depicted in this game as a white dude. We could even come up with some post-hoc rationalizations about dermal reconstruction, etc, much like certain people in this thread are trying to do for why the Necris. We could do that, but it'd be quite bad and upsetting to a lot of people. Without a clear and demonstrable payoff, it just doesn't make sense to do so. Even bad fanfiction is at least able to keep the gross characteristics of most characters the same. Right now we aren't even at that lowest of standards.

At this point I would be totally willing to write every letter in and out of the game to have a credible setting that isn't a complete write-off. We are in a state where plausible explanations for the cluster-f can still be created, but unfortunately that potential is likely to be undermined the more development we see. Really a shame and quite confusing, honestly.
    Join Project: Open Tournament: OpenTournamentGame.com | Project Trello | Discord | YouTube

Subscribe to /r/UnrealSeries - The subreddit for free & uncensored discussion of Unreal series games!

Unreal Prime Weapons: Impact Hammer | Enforcer | BioRifle | Shock Rifle | Link Gun | Ripper | Minigun | Flak Cannon | Rocket Launcher | Sniper Rifle | Grenade Launcher | Dispersion Pistol

Comment

I don't like the long nales it looks like she's a model not a fighter(

Comment

I think the same thing...

-Luigi Rapetta
        (rapfamily4)

My projects list:
        Unreal Monsters | Armor Pickups | Dispersion Pistol for Invasion | Fusion Cannon - a Flak Cannon variant

Comment

Originally posted by Irene View Post
          I don't like the long nales it looks like she's a model not a fighter(
          I think they're trying to make them look like claws or something as a nod to some depictions of vampires and other undead mythological creatures. Samael has them too.

Comment

Originally posted by Master JMK View Post
            I think they're trying to make them look like claws or something as a nod to some depictions of vampires and other undead mythological creatures. Samael has them too.
            I've just noticed that the male character has them too. I'm not with this idea... It looks amberassing... Claws would be ok but not this... Don't get me wrong but... This looks like they've just left a beaytu salon...

Comment

The worst beauty salon in the universe i might add
              Unofficial Enforcer Model
              Redesigning Enforcer Firemodes

Comment

Originally posted by Fartuess View Post
                The worst beauty salon in the universe i might add
                True So they have to be removed or replaced by real claw-like hands. IMHO

Comment

Personally I'd like to see a necris character with some more hair..

Comment

Necro mungers from ridick chronicles would be cool

Comment

Nice inspiration for necris from Darek Zabrocki:
                      Attached Files

Comment

While it is in line with official concept... it goes further into the route i wish it wouldn't go. At this point they won't have anything in common with Necris concept established in previous games.

I guess you could use this concept for Nightmare team maybe?

Comment

I won't even use it for the nightmare, it's too... serious. It really lack that psychopath feeling, as well as the sarcastic temperament.

Comment

There was concept of Warmachine robot with skull inside simmiliar helmet. Maybe this concept could be used to extend that idea?

Comment

I think i just grasped better what i (and i suppose some other people too) understand by Necris being Vampires. Necris are supposed to be Byronic Characters. Thats what they have in common with Vampires. Thats why UT'99, UT2k4(some bonus pack?) and UC2 Necris worked and thats what UT3 and current UT4 concept does not catch.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ByronicHero

Comment

I've never considered the Necris like vampires (even if some of their abilties in UC2 were kind of similar) or byronic heroes.

They're not known for their sense of morality actually... rather the lack of it. They aren't some kind of mindless zombies, in fact they are quite intelligent (at least as much as they were during their life), but they're lacking emotions like compassion or empathy. They even relish in pain and suffering.

Maybe using the Liandri archives can help you have a better idea for what the Necris (supposedly) are ?
                                https://liandri.beyondunreal.com/Necris

I think Liandri archives is the most objective and accurate source of informations we can find about the Unreal Universe. For now.

Comment

Working...
                                X