DM-Morpheus UT4 Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Morpheus UT4 Remake

While I am working for the DM-Cybrosis Remake, I have already spend some time with DM-Morpheus from UT99.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DMMorpheus_UT4TestShot1.png Views:	381 Size:	572.6 KB ID:	408389
    Actually I am working for both. Have uploaded a Test gameplay video in my youtube channel.

Video is here: https://youtu.be/t0z5rz1eIv8

My Morpheus remake is not complete done, but I will work for this and the final version will be surely look better. The sky zone looks already good.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Fury44de; 05-05-2020, 03:52 AM.

For me Morpheus is the most important map of the whole Unreal series. To date I have not found a perfect remake for UT4 because every mapper introduces some strange changes and additions. I am afraid you are doing the same thing.
    Probably the best example of a map remake is https://www.utzone.de/forum/download...iandri-Classic - the map that looks like it is just slightly re-skinned and keeps 99% the same scale, layout and MOVEMENT.

Morpheus is all about the movement - a lot of great jumps/dodges that you can just pull off if you do them right or some ways to bounce into the windows that you can pull off even while looking in opposite direction. All remakes break some or all of these satisfying jumps and therefore completely change the flow of the map. Routes and escapes that I love become unusable and almost always there are not enough new tricks - the remakes look the same or better, but play worse because of dumbed down MOVEMENT.

So far the video is not promising. Perhaps others will enjoy it, but I am better off playing original or something else.

Comment

Do you even realize UT4 doesn't have the same movement as UT99?

Morpheus wasn't about movement anyhow, it was about controlling the sniper, camping and picking off the guy moving with those slow lazy low grav jumps.

Comment

If you ask me, I dont know what you are looking for: The gameplay is primitive nearly the same or better feeling and I played the old Unreal a lot. The main goal in a good remake level is for me to make the graphics and look much better, with receive of good old gameplay feeling or better.
        If you think you are better with the old 99 version I can not change this. But, you can wait until my map is done and make your own feel and look. What you can see in the vid is only an early primitive version, the final finished version will be surely more different in graphics, also in the gameplay feeling.

Comment

You have my vote Fury! As long as they incorporate (near)identical mechanics, we enjoy all variants of classic '99 maps and even those 'losely' based on the classics.
          From the replay it's looks like you're going the right way, just don't forget to fadeout that music once the map starts. MapOn!
          LoPing
          Explosive High Voltage UT99

Comment

Have made some progress Screenshot from my remake:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DMMorpheusScreen41.png
Views:	409
Size:	581.6 KB
ID:	408434

Name:	DMMorpheusScreen11.png
Views:	474
Size:	569.1 KB
ID:	408431Click image for larger version

Name:	DMMorpheusScreen21.png
Views:	450
Size:	575.9 KB
ID:	408432Click image for larger version

Name:	DMMorpheusScreen31.png
Views:	449
Size:	570.7 KB
ID:	408433 .

Things make very good progress with this map. If you are interested for, you can take a look in my youtube channel. New video is already there.

Comment

I have done my remake level DM-Morpheus_UT4 and uploaded it. Installation: Copy simply the .pak file in to the right folder.

Downloadlink: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UC0...ew?usp=sharing

File size arround 60 MB.

Screenshots:

Name:	DMMorpheus_UT4Highres.png
Views:	352
Size:	575.8 KB
ID:	408756

Name:	DMMorpheus_UT4Highres2.png
Views:	362
Size:	576.3 KB
ID:	408757Click image for larger version

Name:	DMMorpheus_UT4Highres3.png
Views:	363
Size:	580.2 KB
ID:	408758Click image for larger version

Name:	DMMorpheus_UT4Highres4.png
Views:	367
Size:	582.4 KB
ID:	408759 . Enjoy!

I agree that this content constitutes a Submission under the Unreal Engine EULA ( https://www.unrealengine.com/eula ).

Comment

Thank you for share'n this with the rest of us Fury! I'll be testing it out shortly.. & the highest tower needs a Sniper Rifle instead of two shield belts!
                An overall nice rendition of a classic! Keep it Up & replays to follow!
                Last edited by ÐutchSmºke; 03-30-2020, 01:04 PM. Reason: Loaded on the LoPing Arena
                LoPing

Comment

Thanks also for a comment. I have already noticed that there is one shield belt to much. I will search for more problems and maby make an update 1.1.

Comment

Originally posted by Fury44de View Post
                    Thanks also for a comment. I have already noticed that there is one shield belt to much. I will search for more problems and maby make an update 1.1.
                    Looking forward to an update to this beautiful map! Much thanks for your hard work! I put it on my server and was testing it out on TeamDM... both teams were getting negative points because the bots kept falling off! It was like -38 to -54 Maybe some bugs in the pathing?

Comment

I have made a quick update 1.1 to my Morpheus remake: The bot navigation is now also optimized and have started to set some small details better, like replacing the second shieldbelt and a few lights. I will make another update to this map later.
                      Have tested this in DM and TDM, both gametypes has been worked.

DM-Morpheus_UT4 1.1 downloadlink: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m4A...ew?usp=sharing

Name:	HighresDMMorpheus_UT4-1.png
Views:	282
Size:	590.2 KB
ID:	408885 .

Comment

Awesome! this update solved the bot issue!! Such great work!

Comment

Its really nice to hear that the bot navigation now works for you. As I said, I will make later another update with replacing/adding some more meshes/details/textures to make the graphics look a bit better. Currently I am working more for DM_Cybrosis_UT4, so it could take a few days/weeks
                          with the update 1.2 to DM-Morpheus_UT4.

Comment

Thank you for the update Fury!
                            Reloaded onto the LPA, replays to follow.
                            LoPing

Comment

You can checkout my youtube channel, I have added a gameplay video of DM-Morpheus_UT v2 there. For now there must be done only some alignments/small changes in version v2, I will test the map then more and upload it later.

Comment

Working...
                              X