Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10 Installation -> You do not have permission to install to: ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this sucks

Comment

I just had this problem, I tryied running it with administrator permissions but nothing happened then after reboting it a lot i figured out that my problem was that it was trying to install it in a "D:" Disk but i move mi hard disk from my computers and the letter changed from "D:" to "E:" so I just changed back to "D:" and that was it.
      To change it you just search in the windows bar "Disk Partition" and you click the first that says "create and format hard disk partitions" you click the hard disk you wanna change and then click it with the right click and then select "change drive letter and paths" you select change and then put the letter you want
      Hope it helped you

Comment

Originally posted by XenoEgger View Post
        Just to let you know: The error still happens in the current version. I still need to run the launcher as administrator to be allowed to install UT.
        when I run as administrator nothing happens

Comment

For a new platform attempting to compete with Steam, this does not bode well. While I understand most people probably run Windows 10 as "Administrator" this is not good security practice and who knows how things will change in future versions of Windows (UAC is a good example of tightening restrictions). You need to figure out how to get your Launcher to work in a "Standard" account with UAC and not require an "Administrator" account. I get the DP-06 error as well despite putting in UAC and password. Running the Launcher as "Administrator" works but is a security hazard - I don't want the Launcher to always have such privileges. I want to know when the program is attempting to execute administrative privileges. Finally, since my "Administrator" account is different from my standard user account, you can get weird behavior if you launch the UI on standard account, close it (goes to background) and then try to "Run as administrator". Nothing will show up in this instance. You have to make sure it's not running on the taskbar before trying "Run as administrator". Very sloppy work - makes the Launcher, which already looks basic/childish, appear as a second-thought, a simple means-to-an-end (making money for Epic), and not really caring about customers. Good luck trying to establish a market share with this attitude!

Comment

haveing the same problem

Comment

Working...
            X