Movement mods or mutators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movement mods or mutators?

My clan and the community around it are looking to come back to UT. Is there currently a dodge jump/double jump mod or mutator available to implement if we put up a server and start making maps? Is this something we can create and implement ourselves? I've been a few pages deep in the forums and I only see posts about movement like this from a few years ago.

Looking for this same thing.

Comment

Bump.

I have learned how to modify the defaultcharacter bp to change the settings we need, but I have no real idea how to build the mutator. Does anyone have a basic mutator blueprint that is set to reference and replace defaultcharacter? If so, and you'd be willing to share it, I can simply plug in our modified character, package it up, and start playing our mod.

Comment

Its pretty simple to make movement mutators and run them on your server. However do you really want to? I suggest you give UT4s movement a few weeks/months of solid play before trying to change it so drastically. For starters none of the maps are scaled for dodge/double jump, so its going to break game play for most of the maps. Secondly, people tend to avoid playing on servers where the base game is heavily modified, ive seen lightly modified servers that people refuse to play on. The main reason being that going from one movement type to another, messes up your familiarity with the game.
        PayBack

Comment

Many people are used to and enjoy double jump and dodge jump or even multijump. If players want their server to have a Movement Mutator...so be it!

To make this happen ....make a duplicate of the default character and rename with a unique name and move it into a new folder. Adjust setting of default character. Then make a New Blue print also with a unique name with the parent being UT Mutator then follow this image to apply your new character to the Mutator. Click image for larger version

Name:	custom move.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	350032

For better reference here is an old source Zip of the Mutator. Just add the MegaUnreal Folder to your Content Folder manually. https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/e...MegaUnreal.rar Please don't use my Mutator.. Make your own with your own setting and Unique Name!

You can test your mutator using the method on the bottom of this page - Testing the Blueprint https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Bluepr...ial_-_Instagib Don't forget the _C at the end of your Mutator Reference! Should be like ?mutator=/Game/Your Folder/Mutator_CrazyJumpMutator_C

After that you can then Publish the Mutator! I hope this helps anyone who interested in making a custom movements Mutator! This method has not been tested in the last few builds but should work just fine.
          Last edited by Megasporwic; 04-09-2017, 03:03 AM.
          Running the Mega Hub for everyone to enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by PayBack View Post
            Its pretty simple to make movement mutators and run them on your server. However do you really want to? I suggest you give UT4s movement a few weeks/months of solid play before trying to change it so drastically. For starters none of the maps are scaled for dodge/double jump, so its going to break game play for most of the maps. Secondly, people tend to avoid playing on servers where the base game is heavily modified, ive seen lightly modified servers that people refuse to play on. The main reason being that going from one movement type to another, messes up your familiarity with the game.
            I do appreciate the game at its base level. However, we are reuniting a community that existed back in 04 that supported thousands of regular players. Our modifications are.... a little over the top, but it creates one hell of a game.

Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5YRFHPm2ns

Also, we make hundreds of our own maps, they'll be quite balanced.
            Last edited by LaBMoNkEY202; 04-15-2017, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PayBack View Post
              I like the movement in the new UT, though I wish it had dodge jump. Those of us in the PIG community never had a problem switching from PIG to regular UT2004. In fact, PIG is so fast paced, it made other games easier to play, like CoD4. Generally we play this type on small custom maps in CTF.

Comment

Originally posted by Megasporwic View Post
                Many people are used to and enjoy double jump and dodge jump or even multijump. If players want their server to have a Movement Mutator...so be it!

To make this happen ....make a duplicate of the default character and rename with a unique name and move it into a new folder. Adjust setting of default character. Then make a New Blue print also with a unique name with the parent being UT Mutator then follow this image to apply your new character to the Mutator. [ATTACH=CONFIG]34720[/ATTACH]

For better reference here is an old source Zip of the Mutator. Just add the MegaUnreal Folder to your Content Folder manually. https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/e...MegaUnreal.rar Please don't use my Mutator.. Make your own with your own setting and Unique Name!

You can test your mutator using the method on the bottom of this page - Testing the Blueprint https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Bluepr...ial_-_Instagib Don't forget the _C at the end of your Mutator Reference! Should be like ?mutator=/Game/Your Folder/Mutator_CrazyJumpMutator_C

After that you can then Publish the Mutator! I hope this helps anyone who interested in making a custom movements Mutator! This method has not been tested in the last few builds but should work just fine.
                Wow, thank you so much for the help. Really appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by LaBMoNkEY202 View Post

I do appreciate the game at its base level. However, we are reuniting a community that existed back in 04 that supported thousands of regular players. Our modifications are.... a little over the top, but it creates one hell of a game.

Check it out!

Haha ok yeah thats pretty intense.
                  PayBack

Comment

Megasporwic, you're the man. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by LaBMoNkEY202 View Post

Check it out!

Wtf OMG. Don't be epileptic to play this
                      Cunni, 37 years old, 16 years of UT, 90% CTF, 10% Duel
                      https://www.twitch.tv/cunni_ut
                      http://plays.tv/u/Cunni
                      Discord PUG Community

Comment

Is that 155/55?
                        Originally posted by Mysterial
                        An instant hit, accurate, instant kill weapon is overpowered. There's no skill ceiling. It's limited only by the shooter's accuracy. It also severely impairs the defensive side of the game - ignoring ping, it is nearly irrelevant what your opponent does - click the right pixel and you win. Even non-instant kill instant hit weapons are often problematic - the Shock Rifle example is obvious before even getting to other games.

Comment

Working...
                        X